This video below explains how ORCID works and the benefits it brings to researchers.
More benefits of having an ORCID iD:
- The number of publishers requiring an ORCiD upon manuscript submission is growing.
- Less hassle because metadata can be re-used for different e-infrastructures (no need to re-type everything!), so more time to do research.
- More and more funding institutions are supporting the use of ORCID iDs. Researchers receiving H2020 funding are encouraged to use their ORCID iDs for all communication outputs.
- With an ORCID iD it is very easy to get an online overview of all research results.
- Having an ORCID iD increases the author’s visibility and it is easier to find the author’s publications.
Updated less than a minute ago